Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Where to begin?

It's been a while and there's lots to catch up on. I've been a better facebooker than blogger lately. It's a shame. I just always have more to say than time allows, so I think, "I'll get it caught up later..."


Well, since last entry we celebrated Gastroschisis Awareness Day. An amazing group called Avery's Angels spearheaded this observance day. We kicked it off by Justin and I giving blood. What a great feeling! I think we'll become regulars.




Then later picnic and balloon release. Justin took Joshua for some McD's afterward. What a great day we had. I can't wait for next year, I'm going to get my GUTS group more involved and get something hosted at the hospital.

Just a mere 2 days later, BAM. We were hit with a line infection, 2 bacteria and a yeast all at the same time. We had one sick little boy on our hands. High fever for days. The infection wouldn't clear and his central line was finally pulled. After 3 days of losing IVs we got a PICC line placed and were able to complete the 2 week antibiotic course in hospital. We had an upper GI small bowel follow-through performed and the doctors were very pleased. Joshua seemed to be doing well enough that we thought it'd be a good time to try to go without the line.


So now we're home, no central line. No backup safety net. Kinda scary, but very exciting! If Joshua can prove himself this is the beginning of a new life for us.

Stepping out on faith.

That's what we're doing.

Praying, please God keep Joshua hydrated! Please let this be his time. We've waited so patiently for the past 5 years. I so badly want him to step forward without stepping back.

Please God.

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Joshua is an amazing, courageous, strong and determined fighter. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there your son is a strong little guy:-) my son Evan was also born with gastroschsis. He is also a little fighter. Good bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete